We provide NSW & ACT clients with a wide range of professional surveying services including

  • Topographic surveys (for DA’s & architectural design)
  • Survey under progress for a site under constructionSet-Out surveys for construction (single house to multi-unit or high rise buildings)
  • Boundary surveys and Identification Reports
  • Subdivisions and consolidations
  • Unit/Strata plans (ACT/NSW)
  • Sub leasing plans
  • Property council of Australia (PCA) (Net Lettable Area (NLA) etc)
  • Development applications for urban and rural Subdivisions
  • GPS surveys
  • Transmission line and pipeline surveys
  • Volume surveys
  • Open cut mining surveys
  • Asset mapping/data capture
  • Facilities management surveys


These surveys are also known as “Detail and Contour Surveys” or “Survey Certificates” by ACTPLA. They are used for general design and concept planning (ACT and NSW) by architects and engineers for preparation of development applications of residential and commercial developments. This survey can be of vacant land (for new buildings) and of established properties (for extensions). The survey is three-dimensional, generally showing all man-made features such as buildings, walls, landscaped areas, driveways etc., as well as all major trees and undulation of the terrain (levels & contour lines).






Setting out/marking of your proposed extension, new house or commercial building to ensure it is built in the correct location as per approved plans and in relation to boundaries.

The type of marking is dependent on the particular site and design of building and may include:

  • Boundary set out
  • Site cut/bulk excavation
  • Footing excavation
  • Set out of walls for bricklayers/concreters
  • Anything else that you may need




Marking of property boundaries is generally done for the purposes of:

  • Erection of new fencing
  • Erection of new retaining walls near the boundary
  • Boundary disputes

Identification surveys and reports are of existing buildings, either old or newly built and are generally done for the purposes of:

  • Boundary disputes
  • ACTPLA or council requirements for newly built buildings
  • Sale, to ensure all buildings are within property boundaries





Subdivision (dividing a property into a number of smaller properties) and Consolidation (joining a number of properties) surveys are undertaken in both ACT and NSW. We will undertake this survey and prepare plans according to the state’s legislative requirements and that meet ACTPLA’s/council’s development conditions. We can also lodge the plans on your behalf with ACTPLA, for examination and registration with ACT Land Titles Office. We are authorised to lodge your plans by e-plan, which means that the examination process and registration of your plans with NSW Land Titles Office, is expedited.



Unit Plans (ACT) and Strata Plans (NSW) are a subdivision of a residential or commercial building. We undertake this survey and prepare plans according to the state’s legislative requirements, tomeet ACTPLA’s/council’s development conditions. These plans need to be lodged for registration with ACT or NSW Land Titles Office. Each unit becomes a separate legal entity with its own certificate of title and will be a part of a body corporate. We are authorised to lodge your strata plans by e-plan, which means that the examination process and registration of your plans with NSW Land Titles Office, is expedited.






Property Council Of Australia (PCA) surveys are done in the ACT and NSW to the set specification defined by PCA, with the sole purpose to determine the rental area (m2) of a commercial unit.





Sub leasing surveys are measurements of commercial units and are done for the purposes of registering a sub-leasing plan with the Land Titles Office, as part of the rental lease agreement.




Allow us to take away the burden of complicated dealings with your local council:

  • We can act on your behalf for both urban and rural subdivisions
  • Undertake the preparation of the Development Application (DA)
  • Undertake the preparation of all associated documentation required for council DA approval
  • Deal with and source required reports from other professionals and consultants (archaeological, flora and fauna, Effluent Disposal reports etc.)
  • Lodge the DA and liaise with council regarding the DA and its approval


Let us do all the heavy lifting – Clarke & Di Pauli Surveyors 6299 1836